I can’t believe it’s Friday. Where has the week gone? What better way to start the weekend than with a few things I think you should know about.
1. How cute is the little boy in this video? And why didn’t I think to make a UPS truck that size for Toby’s Halloween costume??
2. I still need to send our Christmas cards. I have most of the addresses and half are done but then my printer decided to stop working. This year I am sending out two different cards. Does this task overwhelm anyone else or is it just me?
3. There are exactly 30 days until my first marathon. I’m freaking out a bit because my last long run (18 miles went horribly). After I got home from my run, And after speaking with my trainer we both concluded that I didn’t eat enough and didn’t start to carb load early enough. I went to Pinterest and started reading to find stuff that helped other people.
I started a new board for running. You can find it below.
4. Tomorrow I would have been graduating with my BSN had I not failed Pharmacology by 4 points. I am attending graduation tomorrow because I am so PROUD of my classmates. Mostly it’s for the closure I need. 2015 will be my year I think. I plan on going back to school in January for my CNA and work my way through school. The nursing schools that I am considering in the future will NOT be accelerated as I feel that those programs only teach you how to pass the NCLEX. Just my opinion from my limited experience.
5. I need new running shoes. I HAVE to get them this weekend so I have time to break them in before the marathon. Since this weekend is a step down training week (my training alternates between long and short training runs each week).It’s the perfect time. I’m thinking THESE from Brooks. I’m normally an Asics girl but I’ve heard only good things about Brooks. Any recommendations?