Our 1st anniversary is tomorrow!!!! Where has the time gone??
Traditionally, paper is given for the first wedding anniversary. The modern version includes clocks. For all of those men out there struggling to find the perfect first anniversary gift for your wife–struggle no more. I’m here to help you. Hubs mentioned he was having trouble figuring out what to buy and he is one smart, sensitive creative cookie so I imagine the unsmart man would struggle way more.
1. Books. Textbooks, poetry, favorite artist (coffee table book), religious book.
This book looks cool. I almost bought it. It’s a fill in the blank book and allows you to personalize it by writing what you love about the person.
2. Write a letter. Tell her how you really feel. Hubs and I keep a journal. We started this before we were official. We would mail it back and forth from Texas to Virginia and looking back, we have A LOT of cool memories.
3. Framed wedding vows, wedding song.
4. A collection of maps.
5. Framed wedding photos (yes photos are paper).
6. Tickets to a show, movie, but make sure its not a manly movie. Make this gift about her!
7. Gift certificates to nail salons, spas, etc.
8. A paper weight with nice stationEry (thanks Jeff for correcting my ary to ery!). You can even personalize it with her new monogram.
9. A nice leather bound journal (refer to number 2).
10. Plan a date. Write it out on a blank card. Include the restaurant and event. (The more thought you put into it doesn’t mean the more $$ it has to be. Example: Go to the park at night and star gaze). FREE.
11. Register a star in her name. Go here for that. They give you a certificate. PAPER!
12. Framed photos of her family or someone important to her.
13. If you are like us, you have the newspaper from the day you were married (if not, you may be able to find a copy at your local library); you could have that printed.
14. A new purse she has been really wanting filled with stationary, books, etc.
15. A passport application. Plan an international trip.
16. Make a bouquet of origami flowers (tutorial here) and write love notes on each one. Purchase a nice vase she can use over and over again.
17. Make a coupon book with date night ideas/chores around the house/naughty but nice coupons–I think you can even buy these but please get her something else too.
18. Her favorite book series in hardback.
19. A personalized cellphone cover with paper inserts that allow you to change the background.
Note: The more sentiment you put into a practical gift…the better.
1. An engraved wall clock–wedding vows/song/etc.
2. A nice watch.
3. A handmade clock using wedding photos.
4. A sundial.
Ladies? Not sure what to get your husband for the first anniversary. Here is a list of ideas.
1. Gym membership. Personal training certificates–only if they are into that sort of thing…not if they are 258742 pounds and love sitting on the couch.
2. Write him a love letter.
3. Boudoir. You can have these done professionally or have your BFF take some photos for you. Men are visual creatures.
4. Gift certificate for golf/batting cage/movies.
5. Framed wedding photos.
6. A subscription to his favorite magazine.
7. A nice paperweight clock.
8. Plan a date from start to finish and write it on a nice card.
9. Wedding album of photos.
10. Plan a staycation. Spend the night in a nice hotel close to home (save on fuel) and get pampered at their spa and order room service.
What did you get/give for your first anniversary?
If you have any more ideas for anniversary gifts, please let me know either in the comment or via email.
Go here to see our gifts from our first anniversary (more gift ideas).
You can also check out my Pinterest page which offers more ideas.