Hello and Happy Friday!! We’ve been back from Scotland for almost a week now and I haven’t blogged about it. What’s new? Bad blogger. I’ve been sick so that’s my excuse this time 🙂 I’m hoping that I will blog more when I get a new computer–VERY SOON!!! I’ve been trying to talk my husband into getting a Mac but we shall see. A lot happened while I was in Scotland Remember this post with my bucket list? Let’s review shall we.
I was very emotional before we boarded the plane. Right before we left for Scotland, I received a call from my mom. My dog from home Buddy was found dead. We raised him from a bottle since his mom wouldn’t take care of him and feeding him every two hours for the first few weeks really makes a puppy feel like a baby and we all became REALLY attached. He grew up and he and Toby became best friends during the two weeks we were in Virginia for our wedding.
RIP Buddy. You will be missed.
1. Shop at Dorothy Perkins. That bia has some amazing clothes!!!
Well, I went there. Tried on clothes. Wasn’t feeling all that great but now I know what sizes I need to order 🙂 Also, refer to #3.
2. Try drinking tea with milk again. Yuck.
I love hot tea with milk now!!
3. Run. Yes this needs to happen and since I’m typing it here…keep me accountable readers!!!
Nope. Didn’t happen. However, I did run a fever. Yep, on Monday I ended up utilizing the National Health care System of the UK. I had a bladder infection turned kidney infection. The antibiotics they gave me didn’t work (trial and error while the urine culture gets sent away) so I ended up going right back the next day and those antibiotics didn’t work either. $400 later– I’m still sick with no spending money for clothes.
4. Meet nieces and nephew.
OH MY GOSH I LOVE THEM!!!!!! Amy and Edyn still really shy around me but they will come around.
This is Amy. I never got a photo with Edyn. 🙁
Here is Edyn. Look at that hair!! I could just eat her to bits!
This is Lewis. He calls himself monkey man because he loves to climb. Look at those dimples! Precious.
This is Emily. She and I are both Taurus and our birthdays are two days apart. She is super smart…just like her aunty. She is learning sign language! How cool is that?
5. Buy one pack of CurlyWurlys. Just one. No more. No less.
Didn’t happen. However I did learn about Mint Aero bars. WAAAAY too amazing to discuss. You will just have to try them yourself!
6. Run off said CurlyWurlys.
Didn’t run. Didn’t have CurlyWurlys.
7. Go to Markys.
We did go to Markys but didn’t find anything. Since Hubs has monkey arms he has to buy special shirts that are two inches longer than normal and Marks and Spencer is one of the few places he likes to buy shirts.
8. Go to Starbucks.
We did go to Starbucks–THEY DID NOT HAVE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES! I’m going to write a letter.
9. Go to a castle.
We didn’t go to a castle but did drive past heaps of them. The Queen invited us for tea but we had prior engagements.
10. Collect sea glass on the beach.
We did walk to Aberdeen Beach… the tide was in….only found a small piece of sea glass.
11. Drink Moscow Mule
Did not drink a Moscow Mule but did drink a lot of these Kopparberg Ciders. Amazing stuff.
12. Eat mince pie. Delish!
Will not disclose how many I actually ate but ate at least one.
13. Hang out on the beach and think I’m in Aruba again.
Refer to #10.
14. Register for classes CAN’T FORGET!!!!!
Check! It starts soon. Better get my new computer soon so I can
15. Check out craft stores.
The one day we were near the craft store, I didnt feel well so that didn’t happen.
16. Find Toby a kilt/Scotland collar.
Found a collar. Regret not buying. Moving on.
17. Listen to bagpipes.
We heard bagpipes twice–once at a wedding and once while walking around.
18. Go to Stonehaven and have hot chocolate–NOT OPTIONAL!
It happened. It was delish! This was my view.
19. Eat curry.
Had curry on the plane. Had curry in Scotland. Had curry when I got back to America. YUM!
20. Take the kids to the park.
21. Get pedicure where the fish eat the dead skin off your feet. (if that’s still available?)
No longer allowed–Hepatitis outbreak. Makes total sense though.
22. Check Netflix because the selection offered is different in each country.
It was a different selection. We watched The Pacifier.
23. Celebrate our 1 year anniversary.
His sister didn’t make it to our wedding so we relived our wedding day with her while looking at wedding photos. Our one year anniversary is tomorrow and I am SUPER excited!
24. Go to a rave and dance to techno music.
Did not happen. However, we went to a wedding and I felt the need to show everyone how to do Cotton Eyed Joe.
As far as the plane ride bucket list–This is what happened.
1. Tried to sleep.
2. Almost got into a fight. Let’s just say these two BASTARDS wouldn’t stop hitting our seat. I gave them evil looks. Didn’t work. We were in an exit row and didn’t have anyone in front of us and paid for a reclining seat (as they did) but they felt they needed to knee the back of our seats intentionally every time we fell asleep. Also, each time they needed to get up to use the restroom, they tapped us VERY hard on the shoulders. Rude! Thankfully I was able to sleep on the connecting flight up to good ol’ Aberdeen.
Here are some more photos from our trip.
The North Sea
Happy Hot Chocolate Face!
My father in law graciously lent us his car so we could drive around. It was chilly but with the heat on and my trusty JMU blanket, I was fine. Mr. Hot Natured was always fine and sometimes sweating.
Also, my new snood came in handy when my ears were cold.
Slug–pass the salt!