Today I will be remembering the victims by providing you with a random act of kindness for each one. There is no reason we can’t try to turn such a horrible tragedy into something positive…here are 27 not so random acts of kindness to honor each victim.
1. Make snowflakes! When the students return to school (a new building), the teachers want them to enter into a Winter Wonderland. Make a unique snowflake and mail it to
3. Pray for the families of
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeline Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Rachel D’Avino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Dawn Hocksprung, 47
Adam Lanza (yes his family still needs prayer)
4. With the holiday seasons coming up, make room for new items by donating unused items to a local charity.
5. Buy/make a meal for the homeless.
6. Make some baked goods for your neighbors.
7. Tell someone you love them and make sure they know you love them. Life is too short to live in hate.
8. Plant a tree.
10. Put $10 on a gas pump.
11. Tape money to a drink/snack machine.
12. Rake your neighbors yard.
13. Donate blood and save 3 lives!
14. Edit someone’s resume.
15. Write a letter of recommendation.
16. Print an extra coupon and give it away at the store.
17. Help that old lady put groceries in her car.
18. Leave the mailman some baked goodies.
19. Buy someone coffee…just because.
20. Pick up trash at the park or on your street.
21. If you see someone behind you at the grocery store with a few items, pay for them.
22. Make art and donate it to a homeless shelter or nursing home.
23. Collect items for a women’s shelter, toothbrushes, feminine items,
24. The United Way has started the Sandy Hook School Support Fund to provide help with funeral expenses, counseling and other services. Donations: Sandy Hook School Support Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main St., Newtown, Conn. 06470. More information: https://newtown.uwwesternct.org
25. Get a roll of pennies, place them face up for strangers (for good luck).
26. Donate your old business attire to Dress for Success.
Now it’s your turn, make a list of 27 acts of kindness. Make sure to include the victims names in your post and the button and link back here so I can see your list. If you share on twitter #Bloggersforsandyhook. Also, feel free to use my list or make your own. If you are following me via FB and want to share your list, post the list on my wall. HERE
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.domesticability.com/2012/12/27-random-acts-of-kindness.html" title="Random Acts"><img src="http://luralumsden.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ActsofKindness400_zpse9ec1736.jpg" alt="Random Acts" style="border:none;" /></a></div>